New initiative helps project managers and planners enhance collaboration, decision-making, and execution throughout the project lifecycle
To meet the demands of today’s complex business environment and enhance decision-making, organizations must overcome functional silos and communication gaps. This is especially true for project supply chains, where project managers often do not have access to modern supply chain management tools. To break down the barriers between departments and improve collaboration between project managers and supply chain planning, Oracle has introduced the Oracle solution for Project-Driven Supply Chain. The new solution integrates Oracle Value Chain Planning and Oracle’s Primavera project portfolio management solutions to help organizations better align material planning, decision-making, and execution throughout the project lifecycle.
- Extending its commitment to helping customers enhance project performance and increase profitability, Oracle today announced the Oracle solution for Project-Driven Supply Chain.
- The new integrated initiative allows project managers and material planners to enhance collaboration, material planning, decision-making, and execution throughout the project lifecycle.
- By integrating Oracle Value Chain Planning and Oracle’s Primavera project portfolio management solutions to deliver complete visibility into projects, the new initiative helps organizations balance and adjust material and manufacturing capacity decisions to better adhere to project milestones and avoid unexpected delays and costs.
- The Oracle solution for Project-Driven Supply Chain also enables organizations to develop a single planning and execution strategy that unifies the interests of all project stakeholders and drives consistent and profitable decisions.
- In addition, integration with Oracle E-Business Suite allows team members to make preemptive and accurate project decisions regarding schedule delays, cost overruns, or wastage by providing a real-time view into business information, including interactive charts and metrics.
- “Functional silos and communication gaps between project management and supply chain planning can increase project risk, create material shortages, result in contract penalties, and have a significant impact on the top and bottom line of projects,” said Roger Goossens, vice president, Value Chain Planning Applications Development, Oracle. “The Oracle solution for Project-Driven Supply Chain addresses this challenge by providing visibility into project data that enables project management and supply chain planning teams to closely collaborate throughout the lifecycle of the project. This not only helps project teams to establish and measure strategic project objectives, but more importantly helps align project and materials planning to improve decision-making and execution.”
- Oracle Solution for Project-Driven Supply Chain
- White paper: Projects Driven Supply Chain: Improving Project Performance throughout a Complex Turnkey Lifecycle
- Oracle Value Chain Planning
- Oracle’s Primavera
- Oracle’s Primavera on Facebook and Twitter
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE:ORCL), visit oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.