Oracle Business Intelligence Cloud Service lowers barriers for BI adoption for organizations of all sizes
While organizations accumulate data at unprecedented rates, pervasive business intelligence for every employee remains largely a pipe dream. Business analysts and IT have access to a wealth of data, yet everyday employees still struggle to obtain and analyze timely and relevant information. To enable all users to tap into the most pertinent data, whenever and wherever they need it, Oracle has introduced Oracle Business Intelligence Cloud Service (Oracle BI Cloud Service), a part of Oracle Analytics Cloud, which offers the most comprehensive analytics cloud suite on the planet. With built-in mobile capabilities, Oracle BI Cloud Service helps speed and improve decision-making across the organization by lowering the barrier to entry for users providing secure, comprehensive information access with the simplicity and cost-effectiveness of the cloud.
- Part of Oracle Analytics Cloud, Oracle Business Intelligence Cloud Service (Oracle BI Cloud Service) is a new service that extends the power of data-driven insights and data visualizations to users throughout an organization.
- Based on Oracle’s proven BI technology, Oracle BI Cloud Service is optimized for the cloud and empowers users to combine data from diverse sources, including in the cloud and in on-premises and third-party applications, to quickly create rich, interactive analytic applications.
- Because it is a subscription-based cloud offering, customers can deploy Oracle BI Cloud Service right away, to small groups, business departments, or the entire organization, with no capital costs.
- The service includes out-of-the-box mobile capabilities, so customers can access and analyze insights anytime, anywhere, with no additional development required.
- Oracle partners can leverage Oracle BI Cloud Service to deliver rich, custom applications to their clients, opening up new revenue streams.
- The offering also frees up valuable IT resources, while allowing IT to maintain security control over a company’s information architecture.
- Built on the industry-leading Oracle Database Cloud, Oracle BI Cloud Service is based on the robust functionality of Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition, used by millions worldwide.
- Empower Users with Rich, Interactive Experience
- Oracle BI Cloud Service allows users of all technical levels to quickly and easily create meaningful analytic applications by providing a service that is:
- Quick to start: With simple, wizard-driven data import and data model introspection, business users can build analyses, BI applications, or data mashups, without any programming or specialized analytics skills.
- Easy to adopt: An interactive user interface with integrated guidance and tutorials improves productivity and adoption. Users with prior knowledge of Oracle BI or Oracle Cloud Applications can utilize the service right away, without retraining. Cloud-based industry best practices will also be included.
- Mobile: Built-in mobile capabilities offer analysis on-the-go, including touch, drill, and interact features, with no additional development necessary. Additionally, Oracle BI Cloud Service is equipped for offline use, with fine-grained security to manage access and visibility.
- Flexible: For more custom queries and data-loading choices, users can leverage programming interfaces for deeper integration.
- Cloud Service Reduces Administration while Maintaining Security
- With Oracle BI Cloud, organizations can reduce the costs and resources required to deploy analytic applications, while retaining comprehensive governance of the data pipeline. Benefits include:
- Scalability: The cloud-based model allows organizations to add new users and applications as requirements change.
- Availability: Oracle Cloud delivers high availability, while Oracle optimizes speed by offloading analytic workloads to the cloud.
- Security: Data and BI applications are part of the Oracle Cloud, which meets the industry’s highest security standards and is completely owned and operated by Oracle, helping ensure data does not travel to third parties.
- Simplicity: Oracle manages patching and upgrade cycles, further freeing up IT resources and ensuring immediate availability of the latest capabilities.
- Elasticity: The service offers the power of the Oracle Database and sophisticated Oracle BI capabilities to support current and future comprehensive analytic needs.
- “Information has the power to transform business—but only if it is in the hands of the right people at the right time,” said Balaji Yelamanchili, senior vice president, analytics and performance management products, Oracle. “Oracle Business Intelligence Cloud Service, with built-in mobile capabilities, will speed and improve decision-making across the organization by lowering the barrier to entry for all users, providing secure and comprehensive information access with the simplicity and cost-effectiveness of the cloud.”
- “Snap-on Business Solutions expects to realize Oracle application development productivity gains, attain broader organizational use, and accelerate deployment timelines in the data warehouse environment as a result of the capabilities in Oracle BI Cloud Service to quickly format and present query results via dashboards, charts, graphs, and reports,” said Martin Fye, director, Application Business Systems, Snap-on Business Solutions.
- “We need our users to interact more directly with our data so we can do faster analysis,” said Kyle Bayliff, director of IT and Supply Chain at Pioneer Balloon Company. “Oracle BI Cloud Service lets us do exactly that, by making it easy to load and combine data from multiple sources. Together with built-in mobile, Oracle BI Cloud Service means we will be able to get analytics to our employees, wherever and whenever they need them.”
- Oracle Analytics Cloud
- Learn more about Oracle BI Cloud Service
- Skanska Explores Oracle BI Cloud Service
- City of Las Vegas Discovers Oracle BI Cloud Service
- Agile Analytics with Oracle BI Cloud Service
- White paper – Agile Analytics in the Cloud
- Oracle Cloud Applications
- Oracle OpenWorld 2014
- Like Oracle OpenWorld on Facebook, Twitter (#0014) or LinkedIn. Or follow the conversation on the Oracle OpenWorld Blog
About Oracle OpenWorld
Oracle OpenWorld San Francisco is the most important business and technology conference of the year for Oracle customers, prospective customers, and partners. This educational conference is dedicated to helping businesses optimize existing systems and understand upcoming industry trends and breakthroughs driven by technology. Oracle OpenWorld offers more than 2,700 educational sessions, hundreds of demos and hands-on labs, and exhibitions from more than 450 partners and customers from around the world showcasing applications, middleware, database, server and storage systems, industries, management, cloud, and infrastructure solutions—all engineered for innovation. Oracle OpenWorld 2014 is being held September 28 through October 2 at the Moscone Center in San Francisco. For more information; to register; or to watch Oracle OpenWorld keynotes, sessions, and more, visit www.oracle.com/openworld. Join the Oracle OpenWorld discussion on Twitter, Facebook, and the Oracle OpenWorld blog.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE:ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.