Latest Engineered System Offers Turnkey Converged Infrastructure Solution for Private Clouds and Virtually Any Application
To succeed in today’s fast-moving business environment, modern businesses must be able to deploy innovative new applications and react to marketplace changes at a moment’s notice. Often, integrating compute, network and storage infrastructure from several vendors, then provisioning and configuring these systems becomes a central impediment to the responsiveness required. Oracle’s Virtual Compute Appliance allows companies to streamline these critical tasks with a single, integrated system designed to run virtually any application and support cloud services.
With the Virtual Compute Appliance, customers get a converged infrastructure solution that can consolidate nearly all of data center workloads into a powerful, fault tolerant platform that is easy to use, grow and manage.
Oracle executives Scott Genereux and Wim Coekaerts will host a Webcast at 10 a.m. PT today to discuss Oracle’s latest Virtual Compute Appliance.
- Oracle’s Virtual Compute Appliance radically simplifies the way customers install, deploy, and manage converged infrastructures for virtually any application or cloud service.
- Oracle is the only converged infrastructure vendor offering a complete, integrated solution with hardware and software engineered together.
- As a result, the Virtual Compute Appliance can significantly reduce cost and complexity with excellent performance.
- The Virtual Compute Appliance enables customers to get both Oracle and third-party applications or services up and running with minimal time spent provisioning and configuring the system.
- Application and service deployment is further streamlined by using Oracle VM templates for over 100 Oracle software packages which can reduce deployment from days to hours and minutes.
- Customers can consolidate Oracle Solaris, Oracle Linux, other Linux distributions, and Microsoft Windows applications onto one platform with the Virtual Compute Appliance.
- The Virtual Compute Appliance is an ideal platform for cloud, supporting Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Database as a Service (DBaaS) deployments, with Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c.
- Many customers are already using the Virtual Compute Appliance to offer private cloud services to clients who use Oracle E-Business Suite, Oracle Hyperion, Oracle Database and other Windows applications.
- For added investment protection, the Virtual Compute Appliance can accommodate business growth by expanding one server at a time and mixing server generations in the same base rack.
- The Virtual Compute Appliance also supports Oracle Trusted Partitions, which gives customers the flexibility to license Oracle software on a vCPU basis.
- The Virtual Compute Appliance can expand storage capacity quickly and easily with Oracle ZS3 Series storage systems while increasing throughput and reducing latency in high-density virtualized environments. When deployed with Oracle software and the Virtual Compute Appliance, the ZS3 Series provides unique Application Engineered Storage capabilities, unavailable with third-party products, which help improve performance and increase storage and management efficiency.
- “Oracle’s Virtual Compute Appliance offers value that other converged infrastructure vendors can’t match. By engineering hardware and software together, Oracle has created an engineered system that’s highly available and extensible even after acquisition,” said Wim Coekaerts, senior vice president, Linux and Virtualization Engineering, Oracle. “By adding new features through software, Oracle makes it easy for customers to deploy new business services rapidly, providing them the agility and flexibility they need to grow. We’re already seeing strong response from customers running traditional enterprise applications and from cloud service providers.”
- “At PLDT ALPHA Enterprise, we are always listening to our customers and challenging ourselves to innovate and meet those needs. Providing the world’s premiere Database and Middleware with flexible cloud deployment models on Oracle’s Virtual Compute Appliance in PLDT Data Centers or in ‘On-Premises’ facilities, is certainly a game changer in the Philippines,” said Jovy I. Hernandez, First Vice President and Head, PLDT ALPHA Enterprise.
- Virtual Compute Appliance
- Oracle Engineered Systems
- E-book: Virtual Compute Appliance – Accelerate Cloud Deployments with a Complete Converged Infrastructure
- White paper: Virtual Compute Appliance and PCI Compliance
- E-book: Engineered for Extreme Performance
- Oracle Hardware on Facebook, Twitter
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE:ORCL), visit http://www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.