Simplicity, Mobility, and Extensibility Key to Maximizing the Value of Business-Critical Applications Cloud
In today’s organizations, expectations of technology have never been higher. To help meet these expectations and maximize the value of business-critical applications, organizations must deliver a compelling user experience across all devices, including mobile devices. Addressing this challenge and underscoring its commitment to delivering the best possible user interface, Oracle has extended the simplicity, mobility, and extensibility of the Oracle applications user experience. Available to Oracle Sales Cloud and Oracle HCM Cloud customers, the latest additions enhance productivity and efficiency by further simplifying information access, embedding new visualization and analytic capabilities, and adding new extensibility and customization options. This next evolution of the user experience has been optimized for tablets and smartphones, so user productivity doesn’t slow down when the user is working from a mobile device.
- Oracle announced enhancements to the Oracle Applications user experience, which will help organizations deliver the best possible user experience and maximize the value of their business-critical applications.
- Part of Oracle Applications Cloud Release 8, the enhancements further improve the simplicity, mobility, and extensibility of the user experience for Oracle HCM Cloud and Oracle Sales Cloud customers.
- The improvements let users quickly and easily access the essential information and actions that support the way they work, with user experiences that have been optimized for both tablets and smartphones.
- The simplified user interface in Oracle Sales Cloud enables sales reps to sell more by streamlining sales and administrative processes, while the simplified UI in Oracle HCM Cloud further drives efficiencies that help organizations maximize the potential of their global talent.
- Infographic-inspired, tablet-friendly, and interactive visualizations and embedded analytics appear throughout the new UI, further enhancing the user experience and mobility of business-critical applications.
- Expanded visualization and analytic capabilities help Oracle Sales Cloud users quickly and easily track sales performance, customer interactions, quota status, and forecasts. For Oracle HCM Cloud users, the visualization and analytic capabilities deliver a comprehensive view of employee information in a highly visual, intuitive, and actionable environment.
- New extensibility and customization capabilities let organizations personalize the branding, structure, and content of the UI with drag-and-drop ease of use.
- “Constellation believes that the vendors who deliver on simplicity, mobility and extensibility in their cloud apps will win over users in the market. There is a war for great design and enterprise software vendors continue to elevate their investments in building consumer grade user experiences.” Ray Wang, Principal Analyst, Founder & Chairman at Constellation Research, Inc.
- “The simplified user interface simply looks great. Instead of a boring, or worse, intimidating enterprise application, it comes across as friendly, inviting and light. It enables the user to get going with the flattest learning curve imaginable: it is self-guiding, like any decent app installed on a tablet or smart phone. I can tell that our developers have their fingers itching to add something like the simplified UI on top of the applications we create for our customers. It is the way to go for virtually any application, considering the proliferation of devices, the mobilization of the workforce and the modern user experience demanded by the next generation of users.” Lucas Jellema, CTO, AMIS
- “Having had the privilege of seeing a preview of Oracle Applications Cloud Release 8, I am impressed with the enhancements around simplified UI. Even more so, at a recent user group event, an existing Oracle Cloud HCM customer said he was very excited about the latest release as the functionality was so superior and simple to use.” Debra Lilley, Oracle ACE Director, DCL Consulting
- “We are both an Oracle Fusion Apps customer as well as a partner. Oracle Applications Cloud Release 7 was our first introduction to the latest Oracle user interface and it is exactly what the majority of our users like. As with many organizations, most of our own users are mobile and don’t need all the extended functionality to perform certain tasks. With the latest Oracle cloud applications, we get just that in a simple, easy to follow way that is usable from multiple locations and with multiple devices.” Herman Slange, Technical Manager, Profource.
- “We understand how people work. We want users to know where to go. We have simple screens and analytics, so that you can see your status, click to get more information and then commit to the task and go. We are making regular, incremental improvements.” Jeremy Ashley, Vice President, Oracle Applications User Experience
- Screenshots of the Oracle Applications Cloud Release 8 UI
- Oracle Sales Cloud
- Oracle HCM Cloud
- Voice of User Experience for Applications blog
Expanded analytics in Oracle Sales Cloud
Sales campaigns in Oracle Sales Cloud
Succession planning in Oracle HCM Cloud
Expanded abilities for extensibility and customizing the new UI
The Oracle User Experience
User experience is a strategic investment area for Oracle. A clear example of this is research and development of Oracle’s applications cloud user experiences, with a focus on simplicity, mobility and extensibility. Oracle investigates the capabilities of our next-generation cloud technology, built on Oracle Fusion Middleware, to create these product experiences, which range from simplified UI to wearable devices. We then leverage these innovations across our other product lines through user experience design patterns and associated development tools. Our goals are always to see a clear gain in end-user productivity and a return on our customers’ investment in our applications and technologies.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE:ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.