Oracle Cloud Platform and Infrastructure Services Provide Enterprise-Grade Solutions to Help Organizations Gain a Competitive Advantage
To help organizations more rapidly adopt and utilize hybrid cloud solutions, which can securely and seamlessly integrate public cloud solutions with on-premises and private cloud environments, Oracle announced the availability of Oracle Database Backup Service and Oracle Storage Cloud Service. Part of Oracle’s commitment to providing the industry’s broadest and most advanced cloud portfolio, the new services empower customers with choice and deliver the flexibility to easily move critical applications and data from on-premises to the cloud and vice-versa.
- Extending the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio of enterprise-grade cloud solutions, Oracle announced the availability of two new Oracle Cloud services, Oracle Database Backup and Oracle Storage Cloud.
- Part of the Oracle Cloud Platform as a Service (PaaS) portfolio, Oracle Database Backup Service provides a simple, scalable, and low-cost Oracle Database cloud backup solution, and can be an integral part of multi-tier database backup and recovery strategies.
- Tightly integrated with Oracle Recovery Manager (RMAN), Oracle Database Backup Service enables customers to continue using the familiar RMAN commands for seamlessly and securely performing backup and recovery operations between on-premises Oracle Databases and the Oracle Cloud.
- Oracle Database Backup Service enables customers to parallelize and compress backup data transfers to help maximize performance and includes client-side encryption to provide end-to-end data security.
- Part of the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) portfolio, Oracle Storage Cloud provides a secure, scalable, and reliable object storage solution that enables organizations to effortlessly store, access, and manage data in the cloud.
- Oracle Storage Cloud provides a comprehensive solution to simplify and lower capital and operational costs for storing data backups and archives with high reliability and security.
- Oracle Storage Cloud is API compatible with OpenStack Swift and provides access to data through REST and Java APIs.
- Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN) members have long been part of Oracle’s success delivering leading database and storage solutions to customers. Supported by Oracle’s comprehensive array of OPN Cloud programs, partners may now participate in their customer’s adoption of Cloud services. From referral to the delivery of value-added services, Oracle enables partners to profit from these new Oracle Cloud services.
- The new services expand Oracle Cloud’s comprehensive portfolio of Platform and Infrastructure Services, all available on a subscription basis.
- “To remain competitive in today’s highly connected business environment, organizations are increasingly adopting and building new cloud-based solutions. There is also a huge push to migrate existing on-premises workloads to the public cloud and support portability between on-premises and cloud environments,” said Chris Pinkham, senior vice president, Product Development, Oracle. “To help customers achieve these goals, Oracle has further expanded its comprehensive set of enterprise-grade infrastructure cloud services. The new services are based on open standards, integrated to work together seamlessly, and designed to support full portability between on-premises and cloud environments.”
- Sign up – Oracle Cloud
- Learn more – Oracle Cloud
- Join the Oracle Cloud online communities: Twitter, Facebook and blogs
About Oracle Cloud Solutions
Oracle provides the industry’s broadest and most complete portfolio of public, private and hybrid cloud offerings. The Oracle Cloud delivers a broad suite of subscription-based, enterprise-grade Application, Platform, and Infrastructure Services. Oracle also provides a comprehensive portfolio of cloud products and managed cloud services for IT providers to build and manage clouds.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE:ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.