Oracle Communications Rapid Offer Design and Order Delivery Solution Running on Oracle Exadata Database Machine and Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud Achieves Extreme Performance
An Oracle performance test of Oracle Communications Rapid Offer Design and Order Delivery solution running on Oracle Exadata Database Machine and Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud revealed that the solution can process more than 27,000 communications service provider (CSP) multi-play broadband orders per hour.1
- Oracle today released the results of a performance test demonstrating that the components of the Oracle Communications Rapid Offer Design and Order Delivery (RODOD) solution running on Oracle Exadata Database Machine and Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud can offer extreme performance and scalability for communications service providers aiming to consolidate and simplify their IT environments for concept-to-cash processes.
- With just a quarter rack each of Oracle Exadata Database Machine and Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud, Oracle Communications Rapid Offer Design and Order Delivery completed end-to-end multi-play broadband order processing at more than 27,000 orders an hour(1) – the solution’s best recorded throughput performance to date.
- Oracle Communications Order and Service Management, a key component of the Rapid Offer Design and Order Delivery Solution, achieved less than 29 second average internal order processing time and 36 second average end-user order lifecycle time, which will help service providers improve customer satisfaction and accelerate revenue recognition.
- Oracle Communications Rapid Offer Design and Order Delivery solution running on Oracle Exadata and Oracle Exalogic helps simplify production deployments by combining database and storage servers in one solution, eliminating the need to deploy a separate storage area network.
- Designed for extreme high performance transaction abilities, the newest Oracle Exadata Database Machine and Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud have double the number of cores and three times the memory of the earlier machines, providing even greater processing capability.
- Service providers using Oracle Exadata and Oracle Exalogic can significantly simplify their IT environment and accommodate rapid subscriber growth by leveraging these expandable platforms.
- “The performance test of Oracle Communications Rapid Offer Design and Order Delivery solution running on Oracle Exadata Database Machine and Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud demonstrates the power of our integrated hardware and software solutions to scale to meet communications service providers’ ever-increasing demands for better performance with simplified IT footprints,” said Bhaskar Gorti, senior vice president and general manager, Oracle Communications.
- About Oracle Communications Rapid Offer Design and Order Delivery
- About Oracle Exadata Database Machine
- About Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud
- Oracle Communications
- RODOD on Exadata and Exalogic Performance Test Whitepaper
- Oracle Communications on YouTube
- Oracle Communications on Diigo
- Oracle Communications on Facebook
- Oracle Communications on Twitter
- Oracle Communications on LinkedIn
About Oracle Communications
Oracle Communications solutions span the communications industry landscape – from cross-channel customer experience and business and operational support systems, to network service and session delivery and control solutions – enabling service providers and enterprises to deliver and monetize innovative digital lifestyle services, build strong customer relationships, and streamline operations. For more information, visit http://www.oracle.com/communications.
About Oracle Exadata
The Oracle Exadata Database Machine is the only database machine that provides extreme performance for both data warehousing and online transaction processing (OLTP) applications, making it the ideal platform for consolidating or private clouds. It is a complete package of servers, storage, networking, and software that is massively scalable, secure, and redundant. With Oracle Exadata Database Machine, customers can reduce IT costs through consolidation, manage more data on multiple compression tiers, improve performance of all applications, and make better business decisions in real time.
About Oracle Exalogic
Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud is hardware and software engineered together to provide breakthrough performance, reliability and scalability for Oracle, Java and other business applications, while delivering lower TCO, reduced risk, higher user productivity and one-stop support.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE:ORCL), visit http://www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
(1) A quarter rack X2-2 Exadata and Exalogic Engineered System was used to set up the Rapid Offer Design and Order Delivery test environment. Detailed configuration specifications can be found here and here. The hardware and software environment tested sales order creation workloads of up to 300 users, and a maximum throughput of 27,114 orders created per hour was achieved under these specifications.