Oracle Platinum Partner AMIS Services BV to Host First Oracle Applications User Experience Expo in Europe
As cloud computing continues to rapidly transform how organizations approach IT, the importance of optimizing the user experience has become paramount. To help organizations deliver the best possible user experience and maximize the value of their business-critical applications, Oracle is providing a look at its User Experience (UX) strategy at the European debut of the Oracle Applications User Experience (OAUX) Expo. The OAUX Expo takes place in Europe on March 18, 2014, at the AMIS Services BV offices in Nieuwegein, The Netherlands. Attendees will witness the new strategy first-hand, along with the comprehensive Oracle technologies that power these new experiences. In addition, attendees will see a range of user experience demonstrations of innovative new concepts for enterprise applications.
- Extending its commitment to providing the simplicity, mobility and extensibility that defines next-generation user experiences, Oracle today announced details of the first Oracle Applications User Experience Expo (OAUX) in Europe.
- Hosted by AMIS Services BV, a provider of services for Oracle technologies and Platinum level member of Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN), the OAUX Expo will take place in Nieuwegein, The Netherlands on March 18, 2014.
- The OAUX Expo will showcase the next evolution of the Oracle application user experience and will also include working demos on topics ranging from simplified UI and zero-touch interfaces to mobile platforms, Google Glass and the Tesla user experience. In addition to the demos, attendees will be able to talk to Oracle’s UX R&D experts.
- The interactive expo will also include a series of short lectures that provide targeted content for audiences ranging from students looking to begin a career at Oracle to line-of-business executives, IT managers and developers.
- Senior AMIS consultants and Oracle UX management will also provide attendees with an analysis of the trends that are impacting today’s cloud application development and Oracle’s technologies.
- In addition, the event will include a Secret Chamber, where Oracle will allow customers, under a formal non-disclosure agreement, to see innovative user experience concepts that are being explored. If you are interested in participating in the Secret Chamber, please send an email to email@example.com
- Since 1991, AMIS has been the leading Oracle technology partner in The Netherlands, and its consultants are involved in many major Oracle implementations in the country and various groundbreaking projects worldwide.
- The OAUX Expo is free and open to the public. Register to attend at www.amis.nl/userexperience.
- “This event shows a unique side of Oracle Corporation: an open company that is willing to inspire and lead customers into new areas of corporate IT. We hope Oracle Corporation will continue to showcase its thought leadership.” Paul Uijtewaal, CEO, AMIS Services BV
- “Our primary objective is for people to be inspired. Awed, dazzled, triggered. Have their eyes opened, to realize the importance of a great UX, to get a feel for the many ways in which the UX can be enriched – targeting specific users, tasks and devices. Be surprised by the lead Oracle has taken in this field and by a sneak peek into the (near) future. Understand how today’s technology can be leveraged for UI design – and how tomorrow’s development is going to build on that.” Lucas Jellema, CTO, AMIS Services BV
- “For AMIS, it is important to show to our customers what can be done – now and in the near future. We want to help them stand out with an incredible user experience, and the first step on that path is ideas and inspiration. That is what this event will bring them.” Lucas Jellema, CTO, AMIS Services BV
- “Coming to this particular event is a commitment to your own investment in Oracle applications and technology. We are showing our partners and customers that we want them to invest in us because we are showing how we are investing in them and their success. This is about them getting solutions that will take them forward. We are investing in their employees’ expectations. We are investing in their company by giving them modern systems. We are investing in their productivity by our understanding of what they need.” Jeremy Ashley, Vice President, Oracle Applications User Experience
- Register to attend at www.amis.nl/userexperience.
- AMIS and Oracle Applications User Experience (OAUX) Expo
- Oracle’s Cloud User Experience Strategy
- is the simplified user interface springboard in Oracle HCM Cloud, from where you can enter various functional areas within the simplified user interface.
- screenshot shows the Team Talent functional area within the Oracle HCM Cloud simplified user interface. Note that the springboard menu now appears across the top of the screen.
- shows the Contacts functional area within the Oracle Sales Cloud simplified user interface.
- capabilities in the simplified user interface enable users to easily update the visual appearance of the interface.
The Oracle Experience
User Experience is a strategic investment area for Oracle. A clear example of this is our research and development on our applications cloud user experiences, with a focus on simplicity, mobility and extensibility. Oracle investigates first the capabilities of our next-generation cloud technology, built on Oracle Fusion Middleware, to create these product experiences, ranging from simplified UI to wearable devices. We then look to leverage this across our other product lines through user experience design patterns and associated development tools. Our goals are always to see a clear gain in end-user productivity and a return on our customers’ investment in our applications and technologies.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE:ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Safe Harbor Disclaimer
The preceding is intended to outline our general product direction. It is intended for information purposes only, and may not be incorporated into any contract. It is not a commitment to deliver any material, code, or functionality, and should not be relied upon in making purchasing decisions. The development, release, and timing of any features or functionality described for Oracle’s products remains at the sole discretion of Oracle Corporation.