You’ve all heard of lunch & learns and have probably attended one or two in the past. What was your reason for attending? Did you get what you came for? Did you have an opportunity to network with fellow participants? Overall, was it a good use of your time?
Recently, brij, DSI, and Q Software co-hosted a series of JD Edwards Networking Luncheons in North Carolina for both EnterpriseOne and World customers. At the conclusion of each luncheon, we asked the participants to complete a feedback form to gauge their experience.
Let’s begin with the goals of the networking luncheons:
1) Engage JD Edwards community members in networking and provide a sense of community support. As long-time partners and members of JD Edwards community, brij, DSI and Q Software feel it is our duty to facilitate user-to-user communication and to educate customers on product enhancements, updates and industry trends.
2) Educate them on the latest releases and functionality while introducing them to premier mobility and security solutions that can benefit their organizations through increased productivity and reduced cost.
Let’s see what the participants had to say.
When asked their reason for attending, the most popular response by far was networking (with over 60%). This was followed closely by Tools 9.1.3, then mobile solutions, upgrades and security.
When asked about their top takeaways and benefits they received from attending, the most popular responses were the ease of end user customization, custom application framework and mobile options. These were followed by networking, One View reporting features, security in EnterpriseOne, extended support structure, iPad integrations…and not to mention…Dessert.
In just 2 hours these participants gained insight, shared aha moments and were able to meet or reconnect with other JD Edwards community members in their area. A valuable experience for any JD Edwards customers, whether looking to upgrade, considering going mobile, concerned with system security, or just interested in learning more about the software’s capabilities.
Welcoming Arctools to the lineup, brij, DSI and Q Software are headed to Florida in May for another series of networking luncheon. Details are included below. Hope to see you and your team there.
Join us for lunch with local companies using JD Edwards EnterpriseOne and JD Edwards World.
- Hear the latest Oracle updates from Collaborate 13.
- See a live demo of the latest JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools Release 9.1.3.
- Get a better understanding of the latest support timeline and how your company can use this to your advantage.
- Gain insight on how mobility impacts your business.
- Understand how data purging and archiving can make upgrades easier and reduce costs.
- Learn how security and compliance solutions can reduce your risk, effort and cost.
Jacksonville, FL | May 20, 2013
Orlando, FL | May 21, 2013
Tampa, FL | May 22, 2013
Ft. Lauderdale, FL | May 23, 2013