Oracle Sets New Premier Support Timeline for latest releases of Oracle’s JD Edwards
New Timeline Accelerates Value and Delivers Additional Flexibility
COLLABORATE ‘11, ORLANDO, FL – April 12, 2011
- To help customers accelerate the value of their Oracle solutions, Oracle today announced that it has set a new start date of Oracle Premier Support for the latest releases of Oracle’s JD Edwards EnterpriseOne and Oracle’s JD Edwards World.
- By setting the Oracle Premier Support timeline for Oracle’s JD Edwards EnterpriseOne 9.0 Update 2 and Oracle’s JD Edwards World A9.2 Update 1 to their general availability dates, Oracle is giving customers more flexibility in their upgrade planning.
- Premier Support for JD Edwards EnterpriseOne 9.0 Update 2 will begin November 2010 and end November 2015, while Premier Support for JD Edwards World A9.2 Update 1 will now run from May 2010 to May 2015.
- The changes to the support timeline will allow JD Edwards customers to begin upgrades to the current versions immediately and enjoy Premier Support until 2015 without incurring additional fees.
- To ensure continued access to industry-leading support and valuable product updates, Oracle encourages JD Edwards’ customers to begin planning upgrades from versions that are now unsupported or about to come off of Premier Support.
- New tools and resources are available to customers who are planning upgrades on Oracle Support, including Oracle Upgrade Advisor and a new electronic Release Value Proposition, allowing customers to select their release path and receive a customized enhancements report.
- At the end of the Premier Support period, customers can access simple, predictive and flexible support that helps drive business success across the entire Oracle technology environment through Oracle Extended Support.
Latest Releases of Oracle’s JD Edwards EnterpriseOne and Oracle’s JD Edwards World
- Oracle’s JD Edwards EnterpriseOne is an integrated applications suite of comprehensive enterprise resource planning software that combines business value, standards-based technology, and deep industry experience into a business solution with a low total cost of ownership.
- New functionality within JD Edwards EnterpriseOne 9.0 Update 2 includes enhancements that address challenging business issues, including global market dynamics, regulatory reporting requirements, intricate transactional and contractual arrangements, and technical changes in customers’ IT ecosystem.
- Built for the IBM i for Power Systems including AS/400, iSeries, and System i, JD Edwards World delivers an integrated suite of enterprise resource planning software with industry functionality and a low total cost of ownership.
- The enhancements delivered in JD Edwards World A9.2 Update 1 include new industry functionality to preserve cash and reduce expenses as well as technical innovation, allowing access to advanced applications and business information.
- “We’ve listened to our customers’ feedback and set the new Oracle Premier Support timeline to allow more flexibility in planning upgrades and to further incentivize the upgrade process,” said Lyle Ekdahl, group vice president and general manager, JD Edwards, Oracle. “The latest releases of Oracle’s JD Edwards EnterpriseOne and Oracle’s JD Edwards World deliver significant enhancements that support our customers’ business goals. Oracle Premier Support takes that to the next level by providing industry leading support and product updates to help customers maximize their investments.”
About Oracle Applications
Over 65,000 customers worldwide rely on Oracle’s complete, open and integrated enterprise applications to achieve superior results. Oracle provides a secure path for customers to benefit from the latest technology advances that improve the customer software experience and drive better business performance. Oracle Applications Unlimited is Oracle’s commitment to customer choice through continuous investment and innovation in current applications offerings. Oracle’s next-generation Fusion Applications build upon that commitment, and are designed to work with and evolve Oracle’s Applications Unlimited offerings. Oracle’s lifetime support policy helps ensure customers will continue to have a choice in upgrade paths, based on their enterprise needs. For more information on the latest Oracle Applications releases go to www.oracle.com/applications
Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL) is the world’s most complete, open, and integrated business software and hardware systems company. For more information about Oracle, visit our Web site at http://www.oracle.com
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Blanc & Otus